Less than half the cost of the organic store-bought versions, these homemade burritos rock!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 dozen eggs organic, free-range
- 6 small red potatoes baked or boiled, diced
- 1 large onion organic, diced
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 packages flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
1. One of my kids can't eat pork, so when we cook these, we cook the sausage separately. Cook the sausage and set aside. 2. Cook the onions and bell pepper until tender. Mix in potatoes and beans until well-mixed. Put onion mixture in bowl. 3. Scramble the eggs to desired level of doneness. Mix eggs in with the onion mixture. 4. Heat tortillas in a hot skillet so they roll easily without tearing. Fill with mixture, roll, wrap in wax paper or foil, and freeze. The frozen burrito is great for taking to lunch. It will be thawed by lunch time and can easily be heated or eaten at room temperature.